ACPs have become an integral component of contemporary and trendy architecture. Aluminium composite panels are used for internal and external cladding, mostly for commercial buildings. Metal panels, known as the sandwich sheets, lure designers with their minimalist look, delivering outstanding beauty to the outdated facades, as well as to engineering and advertising structures. In interior designing, ACPs also bring a sleek and brilliant appearance.
Considering the current weather conditions and the impacts that affect the siding throughout the service life, it is pivotal to choose not only eye-pleasing structures but also practical and highly functional material. And ACPs are unique construction solution that has a myriad of strong points: high resistance to environmental influences; great fire safety indicators; an array of colors; the ability to implement the extraordinary ideas of architects due to the high level of flexibility and an opportunity to obtain exclusive shapes.
Factors affecting the ACPs quality and storing tips
Failure to comply with the rules when transporting or poor storing conditions before aluminium composite panel installation can promote faster deterioration of metal sheets, diminishing their strength and durability and ruining their excellent first-rate quality properties. If you want to avoid unnecessary troubles when purchasing the material and ensure the construction project execution at the highest standard of quality possible, there are rules which must be adhered to:
- before panels warehousing, make sure that every sheet is dry and not affected by moisture;
- in order to avoid corrosion and mold or mildew formation, the material must be fully dried, and if condensation occurs on the surface, it must be removed with a soft cloth, otherwise, rust may damage it;
- only a dry and perfectly ventilated place protected from sunlight and precipitation can be suitable for appropriate storing;
- aluminium composite panels are recommended to be stored horizontally, and you should make sure that one panel does not slide on the surface of the other, causing scratches;
- it is allowed to store composite sheets in a vertical position in the form of stacks with an inclination of 10 degrees on specially equipped stands;
- to avoid dents, do not place heavy objects on the sheet;
- it is undesirable to store the material outdoors for more than 6 months in order to prevent discoloration, delamination, and the appearance of other defects on the upper layers of the material, which will then have both a visual and functional effect on the installed aluminium composite panel cladding;
- long-term storage of ACPs is allowed in unheated rooms with adequate temperature.
Despite its apparent simplicity of delivery and installation, the material is a technically complex product with a multitude of superb functional characteristics. In order to preserve them, it is of paramount importance not to ignore the above recommendations, as well as not to forget what is forbidden to do during loading, unloading, and the process of aluminium composite panel installation to eliminate possible quality issues. Thus, it is prohibited to carry composite sheets from one place to another, bending them; throw ACPs with force during loading; step on the edge of the panel or place objects on the top that can destroy its integrity.
For executing the most stunning projects and getting all the benefits of the multi-layered aluminium composite panel, its proper transportation and storage are imperative.